For a delicious and healthful alternate topping, process 3 whole wheat bead slices in a food processor until slices are finely ground. Toss together breadcrumbs and 1 T butter, melted. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over prepared macaroni before baking.
12 oz package of VELVEETA Shells and Cheese Dinner
½ c half-and half
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
¼ t onion powder
4 white bead slices
¼ c grated Parmesan cheese
¼ c butter, melted
1 T dried parsley
1. Cook shells and cheese dinner according to basic package directions.
2. Stir half-and-half, ½ c shredded cheese, and onion powder into shell macaroni mixture. Pour pasta mixture into an 8 inch square baking dish.
3. Removed crusts from bread with a serrated knife. Process bread slices in a food processor or blender until finely ground. Toss together breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, melted butter, and parsley.
4. Sprinkle shell macaroni with remaining ½ cup cheese and breadcrumb mixture.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until pasta mixture is thoroughly heated. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.