Thursday, January 14, 2010

Breakfast Cassorole Crock Pot


16 oz frozen hashbrowns
1/2lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/2 medium bell pepper, diced
3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

1. Place a layer of frozen hash browns on the bottom of the crock pot, followed by a layer of bacon, then onions, bell pepper and cheese.
2. Repeat the layering process two more times, ending with a layer of cheese.
3. Beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together.
4. Pour over the crock pot mixture.
5. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.

*Before layering, I sprayed the bottom of the crock pot with cooking spray.  For the bacon, I used precooked crumbled bacon from Cosco (what a find--it comes in bags that last for months--I don't know what the means for perservatives, but it sure makes cooking with bacon easier and my house didn't smell like bacon!).  I'm going to check my crock pot, but I thought this was done after 3 1/2 hours on low.  I really liked this meal (it was so easy) and Ivan gobbled it up.  Jeff gave it a 3 1/2 stars, but he perfers breakfast casserole without onions and green peppers.  Even though it wasn't the huge hit I was hoping for, it was good and very easy to make.

*Here are 2 sites that will help you check your crock pot:
www.fcs.msue.msu.edu/mediapacket/Jan-Mar06/CrockPotCooking.doc
and
http://familycrockpotrecipes.com/DoesYourCrockPotWork.html

No comments:

Post a Comment