Thursday, January 14, 2010
Breakfast Cassorole Crock Pot
1/2lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/2 medium bell pepper, diced
3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Place a layer of frozen hash browns on the bottom of the crock pot, followed by a layer of bacon, then onions, bell pepper and cheese.
2. Repeat the layering process two more times, ending with a layer of cheese.
3. Beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together.
4. Pour over the crock pot mixture.
5. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
*Before layering, I sprayed the bottom of the crock pot with cooking spray. For the bacon, I used precooked crumbled bacon from Cosco (what a find--it comes in bags that last for months--I don't know what the means for perservatives, but it sure makes cooking with bacon easier and my house didn't smell like bacon!). I'm going to check my crock pot, but I thought this was done after 3 1/2 hours on low. I really liked this meal (it was so easy) and Ivan gobbled it up. Jeff gave it a 3 1/2 stars, but he perfers breakfast casserole without onions and green peppers. Even though it wasn't the huge hit I was hoping for, it was good and very easy to make.
*Here are 2 sites that will help you check your crock pot: