Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Caesar Chicken Wraps


*Pictured with Oven Baked Potato Wedges
1 Pkg (7.5oz) complete Caesar salad mix
1 c chopped cooked chicken
4 garden vegetable or plain flour tortillas
2 T shredded fresh Parmesan cheese

1. Crush croutons from salad mix, set aside. In large bowl combine remaining Caesar salad mix ingredients and chicken; mix well.

2. Spoon salad mixture evenly onto tortillas; spread to within 1 inch of edges. Sprinkle each with shredded cheese and crushed croutons. Roll up each tortilla.

*This was better than I thought it would be, but I deviated from the recipe a bit.  Instead of a salad mix, I used about 6 cups torn up romaine lettuce, about 1/3 cup Ceasar dressing, and some seasoned croutons.  I cooked 3-4 breasts of frozen chicken in the crock pot on high for a couple of hours (with nothing added--this makes a great, easy way to cook chicken for lots of recipes).  When the chicken was done, I lightly shredded it, mixed it with the dressing and let lit cool in the fridge.  Then I added the lettuce to the chicken mixture and followed the rest of the steps.  As a side note, the croutons were good, but they could be optional.  A great idea for a girls lunch, but my whole family enjoyed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment