4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
8 oz container light buttery-garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese
2 large egg whites
¼ c nonfat buttermilk
½ c Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
½ c whole wheat cracker crumbs
¼ t salt
¼ t pepper
2 t olive oil
1. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to a ¼-inch thickness.
2. Spread cheese evenly over 1 side of chicken. Fold short ends of each breast over center, covering cheese, and secure with wooden picks.
3. Whisk together egg whites and butter-mild in small bowl. Combine breadcrumbs and next 3 ingredients in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg white mixture, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
4. Cook chicken breasts in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until chicken breast are browned. Place on a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.