Monday, July 11, 2011

Oatmeal Waffles

Adapted from Allrecipes

I was a little cranky today...I swear, can my belly get any larger?  I still have more than 3 months until my baby's due date and I don't think I can grow any more.  Something hit me today and I was just plain tired...which unfortunately made me a little too snappy with my 6 year old.  How was I going to remedy that?...waffles for lunch.  Since hubby was at work, there was no reason not to try a more healthy reason.  These made a good lunch with a little butter and syrup on top.  Not very sweet, but light considering the extra fiber from the oats and whole wheat.


Ingredients:
2 eggs, separate whites and yokes
2 cups buttermilk
1 cup oats (I used regular oats though the recipe called for quick oats and I was happy with the results)
1 T molasses
1 T vegetable oil
1 t vanilla
1 c whole wheat flour
1/2 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder

Directions:
1.  Beat egg whites until still peaks form, set aside.
2.  Mix eggs and buttermilk in large bowl.  Add oats and mix well.  Stir in molasses, vanilla, and oil.
3.  Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir into the wet mixture.  Fold in egg whites.
4.  Cook batter as waffles or as pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment