Monday, July 11, 2011

Lime Chicken Soft Tacos

This was one of those days--my husband volunteered to grill up some brats and hot dogs on the grill when he got home for dinner and I thought I was set...until I realized my kids had those dreadful frozen corn dogs for lunch...I just couldn't justify letting them have hot dogs for dinner.  That's when I did a quick inventory of the fridge and found this recipe for dinner.  My husband said these were the best chicken tacos he had ever had.  I loved them, too!  Bonus, except for maybe the limes, I usually have all of these ingredients on hand.  Great recipe, cooks up fast, and very delicious served with homemade salsa.

Adapted from Allrecipes

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast meat, cubed
1/8 c red wine vinegar
1 lime, juiced
1 t white 
1/2 t salt
1/2 t ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
approx 2 T chopped cilantro
flour tortillas
tomatoes
lettuce
cheese
salsa

Directions:
1.  Saute chicken over medium heat for about 20 minutes.  Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic.  Simmer for extra 10 minutes, adding cilantro at the end.
2.  Warm tortillas in skillet one at a time.  Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with whatever taco fillings you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment