Friday, January 21, 2011

Tin Foil Oven Dinner



In casserole dish put raw meat (Hamburger, Chicken etc.)
Potatoes
Carrots
Onion
Green Pepper
Mushrooms
Salt and Pepper, Seasoning Salt all the above to taste.

Layer vegetables on meat (Nothing has been cooked)

Add
Cream of Mushroom or Chicken Soup (No Water)

Cover and bake @350 for 1 hr or 275 for 3 hours.
Cheese always helps my kids enjoy their meal.

*This is my sister-in-law's recipe, so I experimented with the ingredients and amounts.  I used 5 chicken breasts (added the seasonings over the meat), 6 medium potatoes, 4 large carrots, 1/3 onion, small green pepper and 2 cans cream of chicken soup.  It took about 1 hour 40 minutes to cook at 350 degrees F.  I would suggest placing the veggies on bottom and the meat on top (the veggies seem to cook better when submersed in the liquid).  This is a very simple, easy recipe made with ingredients that are often on hand.  Next time, I think I'll use one part cream soup and one part sour cream; also, add another chicken breast and one less potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment