Saturday, July 2, 2011

Tomato and Feta Pasta with Shrimp

Adapted from Allrecipes
Ingredients:
1 pound linguine pasta
2 T olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 chopped roma tomatoes
2 T chopped fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup crumbled sun-dried tomato and basil feta cheese

Directions:
1.  Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.  Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2.  While pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add the garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.  Add the shrimp, and cook until opaque, about 3 to 5 minutes.  Add the tomatoes and heat through.  Season with basil, salt and pepper.
3.  Toss the cooked pasta in the sauce, and sprinkle with crumbled feta to serve.

*I made this one night when my husband had to work late (he's not a huge tomato or feta cheese fan).  The kids and I loved it!  So simple to make and can be whipped up in minutes.  To my surprise, my husband polished off all the was leftover and he really liked it, too (so sorry I didn't get them for lunch the next day, but I'm glad he's coming around to these wonderful flavors).

No comments:

Post a Comment