*This is a recipe for kids. Basically a biscuit with jam cooked in the center, but we had fun making them! This cute little girl got the Alpha-Bakery Children's Cookbook for her birthday and choose the letter "K" to try out a new recipe.
Makes 6 Kart-Wheels
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 c margarine or butter, softened
1/4 c powdered sugar
1/2 t baking powder
2 T milk
about 1 c pie filling or jam (any flavor)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix flour, margarine, powdered sugar, baking powder and just enough milk until dough forms. (If dough seems dry, mix in more milk, 1 t at a time.)
3. Divide the dough into 6 equal parts. Shape each part into a ball. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, flatten slightly. Make an indentation, 1 3/4 inches in diameter and about 3/4 inch deep, in center of each flattened ball.
4. Fill each indentation with about 2 T of pie filling.
5. Bake until the edges begin to brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
Aren't these the cutest cooks?