Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tostada Goop

From This Week for Dinner

Ingredients:
5 or 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream chicken soup
1 can chili peppers
1 chopped onion or less
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 can black beans (just long enough to heat)

  (can cut into chunks now or cook whole then shred it up later, which is what I usually do)

Directions:
Place all ingredients excpet beans into crock pot.  Cook on low all day long or until chicken is done.  Remove chicken.  Add the beans.  Shred chicken and return to crock pot.  Serve when beans are heated. 

Serve over tostadas with cheese, lettuce, guacamole, whatever you like.
*We ate these with homemade tostadas.  The tostadas themselves were a little too tough for me, but this meat mixture was good.  An easy meal that can be made into so many things.  I also really like Jane's more authentic guacamole; although my husband prefers the kind I usually make.  I'll mix up a batch of Jane's again and post that at a later day.  Her's uses less sour cream and dried minced onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment