Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fresh Asian Chicken Salad

*This is a delicious, hearty salad sure to satisfy any hungry appetite.  It cooks up fast and disappears every faster.  Can qualify for a healthy, simple meal any time.

Adapted from Kraft Foods

Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup Kraft Light Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing, divided
4 cups torn salad greens
1 or 2 navel oranges, peeled and sliced
1 cup diagonally sliced snow peas
2 carrots, cut into match-like sticks
1/2 c slivered almonds, toasted (I toasted them with butter and brown sugar...I'm mean why not?)

Directions:
1.  Preheat grill.  Brush chicken with a couple tablespoons dressing.  Grill until done (165 degrees internal temp).
2.  While meat is cooking, combine, lettuce, oranges, veggies, and nuts. 
3.  Add chicken and drizzle with remaining dressing.

*Rather than drizzling the dressing all over the salad, I let everyone at my table add their own (my children think Ranch is the only dressing that can go on salad).  I really liked the sesame-ginger flavor of the dressing.  This is definitely a repeat recipe for my house.  My 6 and 4-year olds ate every last bit on their plates and my husband had at least 3 helpings.  This is definitely a meal I can feel good about.  The original recipe didn't grill the chicken so you can adapt this as needed for your family/day.

No comments:

Post a Comment