Friday, February 12, 2010

Best Steak Marinade in Existence

Recipe cut for 4 servings (original served 8)
From allrecipes

Ingredients
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic (optional)

Directions
1.  Place the soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, basil, parsley, and pepper in a blender. Add hot pepper sauce and garlic, if desired. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds until thoroughly mixed.

2.  Pour marinade over desired type of meat. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Cook meat as desired.

*I used this to marinate 2 large rib eye steaks for about 8 hours, perfect amount of marinade.  I used black pepper in place of the white, did not use the hot pepper sauce, and used 1 fresh minced clove of garlic instead of the dried garlic.  I did not blend it and it turned out great; however, I could see how blending might make the dried herbs be less obvious.  I would have loved to have grilled these steaks, but as that option is not available to us right now, I broiled them in the oven.  Delicious!  I might not have choosen the same title (I'd still be open to trying another marinade), but we will make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment