Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Canned Peaches, Frozen Peaches, Peach Honey


These are my notes for canning peaches.  Follow directions here.
30 peaches and 2 batches of syrup resulted in 9 quarts.
Dayna's syrup recipe calls for 5 1/4 cup water and 2 1/2 cup sugar.  All my peaches floated to the top.
I've used both the hot pack method and the fresh pack method.

To freeze peaches (here), 12 peaches, 3 cups water and 1 1/2 cups sugar (for the syrup) filled 3 1-quart freezer bags.  For later, make an excellent peach cobbler with this recipe.

To make peach honey from the peelings, I used all the peelings from about (about 42 peaches) which boiled down to 3 cups juice.  I added 1 1/2 cups sugar and a little mushed peach as well as about 2 T corn syrup and a sprinkling of cinnamon.  The result was 1 pint of peach honey.


No comments:

Post a Comment