Adapted from Allrecipes
4 (4 ounce) fillets salmon
2 T lemon juice
1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 T cornstarch
2 t minced jalapeño peppers (I used a banana pepper)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 can chicken brother
1/3 cup cream (I used 3 ounces cream cheese)
1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
1. Arrange fillets in a single layer in baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Tightly cover dish with foil. Bake at 450 degrees F. Cook until fish is opaque, but still moist looking in thickest part, 12 to 14 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a blender, smoothly puree red peppers, Parmesan, cornstarch, pepper, and garlic. Add cilantro and chicken broth; whirl to blend.
3. Pour pepper mixture into a 10 inch frying pan. Stir over high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to keep warm. Add cream.
4. Cook pasta according to directions.
5. Stir juice from the back salmon into red pepper sauce. Mix 1 1/2 cups sauce with pasta. Spoon pasta onto plates. Top with fish, and drizzle with remaining sauce. Serve.
*This sauce is excellent--the peppers were so tasty. To roast the red pepper, I simply placed a seeded red pepper sliced in half on a baking sheet and placed it in the oven while it was preheating to 450 degrees. It was about ready when the oven was finished preheating. I will definitely make this again.