Monday, December 13, 2010

Monterey Ranch Bread

From Noble Pig

Monterey Ranch Bread
From Taste of Home
8 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 loaf French bread, split in half lengthwise
4 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1-1/2 cups ranch dressing
Fresh parsley for garnish

Melt butter and brush on bread with a pastry brush.  Place bread under the broiler until it's slightly brown and crispy.

Combine cheese and ranch dressing and divide evenly over bread.  Place in a 350o degree oven until cheese is melted, about 8-10 minutes.

Sprinkle with parsley once you remove from the oven.  Let sit 5 minutes before slicing.



*I halved this recipe when I made it because I wasn't sure how it would be received.  Jeff said, "This is the way bread is supposed to be....I'll never go back to regular bread again!"  It was comfort food at its cheesiest--but the ranch dressing flavor definitely stands through so if you love ranch, you'll love this.  I like ranch, but it isn't my favorite dressing--this was still good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment