Time Required: 20 minutes
1. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Arrange bacon slices on the foil and place the baking sheet on the center rack of a cold oven. Close oven door. Turn oven on to 400 degrees F. Walk away.
3. Come back 17 to 20 minutes later. As soon as the bacon is golden brown, but not excessively crisp, it's done. The exact time will depend on the thickness of the bacon slices, and also on how quickly your oven reaches the target temperature.
4. Remove the pan from the oven. Transfer to plate with paper towels.
1. Don't pre-heat the oven, it should be cold when you put the bacon in.
2. Watch closely the last few minutes of cooking and remove from pan right after it is done.