Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

A friend of mine told me about these cookies--what impressed me most was the short list of ingredients!  Wow, who knew?  In addition to the 3 ingredients in the photo, I also added a bit of pumpkin pie spice.  These taste just like the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies that the bakery at my local grocery store make--I wonder if they use this short cut, too?  I didn't even bother getting out my big mixer--you can do this by hand.  They are very soft and cake-like and even Jeff liked them.

Ingredients:
1 package spice cake mix
1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
chocolate chips (to liking, about 1/3 package for us)

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
2.  Blend together cake mix, pumpkin, and spice; mixing well.  Add chocolate chips.
3.  Drop by rounded spoonfuls on prepared sheets.
4.  Bake for 10-14 minutes, let cool at least 5 minutes on sheets before transferring to wire racks to finish cooling.

Just for fun, I figured out some health information about these cookies.
Amounts are based per cookie (recipe makes 30 cookies)
Total calories: 98 calories
Fat calories: 10.8 calories (not grams)
Protein grams: 1.3 grams
Fiber grams: 0.7 grams
In comparison, this is less than 1/2 the calories for a regular chocolate chip cookie, much less fat, and more protein and fiber.  So easy, so good, so simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment