Thursday, October 28, 2010
More detailed recipe:
1. Fill pot with water a little less than half full. Bring to boil and add 3 chicken bullion cubes.
2. Add cut up potatoes (I like big chunks, but I cut them smaller this time so it was easier for my kids to eat). With 7 small to medium potatoes in the pot, the water should jut barely cover the potatoes (too much water can make the soup thin, this soup should be thick and creamy).
3. Let the potatoes boil while you dice onion and celery, then add to pot.
4. Add broccoli and cauliflower; I added a bag of each but first rinsed the bags in a strainer and left out any questionable pieces or really "steamy" parts of broccoli.
5. Cook for about 5 minutes (it doesn't need to be a strong boil, just let it cook, but not too hot (so the potatoes aren't mushy). Add cream of chicken soup and Velveeta cheese.
1 ½ qt water
4 chicken bullion cubes (I sometimes cut it down to 2 cubes to reduce the salt)
2 cups cubed potatoes (I usually double that)
Boil, than add:
1 c diced onion
1 c diced celery
1 bag of frozen broccoli & cauliflower (fresh works, too, put in according to desire)
Boil for 5 minutes, than add:
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 lb Velveeta cheese cubed
Enjoy! Also tastes great with chopped up ham!