5 large fresh peaches--peeled, pitted and sliced
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 T cornstarch
1 1/3 cups buttermilk baking mix
2 T white sugar
2 T margarine, melted
1/3 cup milk
2 T margarine, softened
1/4 cup white or brown sugar
1 t ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In large saucepan over medium heat, combine peaches, water 1 1/2 cups sugar and cornstarch. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil for 1 minute, then reduce heat to low to keep warm.
3. In a large bowl, stir together baking mix, 2 tablespoons sugar, melted margarine and milk to form a soft dough. Remove to floured surface and knead 8 to 10 times. Roll out into a 9 inch square.
4. Spread softened margarine over dough. Combine 1/4 cup sugar with cinnamon, and sprinkle mixture over dough. Roll dough into a log shape and cut into 6 - 1 1/2 inch slices. Pour hot peach mixture into an 8x8 inch baking dish. Place roll slices, cut side up, on top of peach mixture.
5. Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes, until puffed and golden. Serve warm.
*Silly name, nice treat! This made a lot of peach syrup--I used just over half of it in the recipe and the rest we ate with our oatmeal. Love Saturday morning breakfast! The sweet rolls had the simple biscuit type flavor, but that was to be expected. Not bad for the amount of time it took to whip up.