Thursday, September 16, 2010

Freezer Peach Jam

This isn't so much as a recipe, but rather just some notes for the next time I make peach jam--my favorite of all homemade jams.  I'm not sure what the reason is for being so dear to me--maybe it is because ripe peaches means Fall is just around the corner, or maybe it is the memory of my mother making peach jam, or maybe it is just because peaches are just so heavenly!

For this batch, I just Kroger Can-Jel Fruit Pectin.  Each recipe calls for 2 lbs peaches, 2 T lemon juice, and 5 cups of sugar.  I used 8 peaches and it was just enough for 2 batches of jam.  I ended up with 10 1-cup containers of perfect jam.  The only hard part is waiting 24 hours for it to set (who am I kidding, we didn't wait....).

Making jam....I think it defines us, kind of makes me feel like a real mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment