Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Gotta Have It Brownie

Mix together:
1 cup soft butter
2 cups white sugar
1/3 cup cocoa

Stir in:
4 eggs
1 ½ c. flour
2 tsp. vanilla
¼ tsp. salt
1 ½ cup chopped nuts

Stir; pour into greased, 1-inch deep baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until done. Cover with 1 lb mini marshmallows. Bake for 3 minutes. Add frosting.

Frosting:
1 2/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup cocoa
1/3 cup canned evaporated milk.

I used a 9x13 inch baking pan to cook these in.  Very tasty and sweet--I'm glad that my kids were asleep within the hour after eating these (I was afraid they might have been wired).  I only had about 1/3 package of regular sized marshmallows so I cut them up and only put them on 1/2 the brownies.  We liked them with or without the marshmallows.  The frosting is glaze-like (as you can see in the photo) and spreads very easily.  I had to cook the brownies for about 25 minutes--then cooked a few minutes more with the marshmallows on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment