Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Chocolate Dessert Fondue


1 t butter or margarine
6 1-ounce chocolate candy bars with almonds, broken
1 cup miniature marshmallows
2 T milk
1/3 c whipping cream

Rub stoneware with butter.  Place candy bars, marshmallows and milk in the Little Dipper.  Cover and heat, stirring every 15 minutes until melted and smooth.  Gradually add whipping cream.  Cover and continue heating for 30 minutes.  Serve with bite-sized pieces of pound cake, marshmallows or fruit.


*Using my little crock pot always reminds me of my sisters.  About 7 years ago on a Black Friday in Montana, a few of us went to Ace Hardware.  I believe that the Little Dipper was on some kind of great sale so we all got one.  It has been awhile since I've used mine so I thought I'd try it out for a Family Home Evening treat.  This recipe came from the manual with the pot.  I had only a little bit of Symphony bar so I use that for the chocolate along with some baking chocolate.  We had a lot of fun eating this (especially if mess + yum = fun).  We used toothpicks to dip Cream Cheese Pound Cake, bananas, miniature marshmallows, pears, pretzels, and frozen strawberries (which would have been better fresh).  Everybody liked it.  Good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment