Monday, November 29, 2010
From Toastmaster Bread Maker Guide
Makes 1 loaf
1 cup water 80 degrees F
1/3 cup olive oil
2 t sugar
1 t salt
3 cups bread flour (or regular flour)
1 t bread machine yeast (or 1 t quick rise yeast or 1 1/2 t active dry yeast)
Add at the beep:
1 t dried Italian seasoning
garlic, coarsely chopped
Parmesan cheese, grated
1. With oiled hands, evenly press dough into a greased 9x13 inch pan. Using your fingertips, make indentations in the dough.
2. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until almost double in size. While the dough is rising, select the topping and prepare.
3. In a skillet, heat olive oil (1/4 cup). Add garlic, oregano, or onions (cook until soft, but not brown). Remove from heat
4. Use fingertips to press dimples into dough again. Spoon topping mixture evenly over dough. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
5. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes or until done.