Monday, November 29, 2010

Eggnog

From Allrecipes

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1/2  of a 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 t vanilla extract
2 cups milk
whipping cream (whipped, about 2 cups or to taste)
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 pinch salt (optional)

Directions:
1.  Beat eggs; mix in condensed milk, vanilla, milk, and salt.
2.  Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.  Fold into egg and milk mixture and sprinkle with nutmeg.  Serve chilled.

*My dad used to make eggnog at Christmas time when I was little; the store-bought kind just never seems right to me.  My 6 year old was asking for some yesterday so I thought we'd give this recipe a try.  It was better than the store kind, but not exactly like dad's.  Very rich.

1 comment:

  1. I was talking about the eggnog just the other day. If you find dad's recipe let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete