Saturday, July 31, 2010

Garlic Chicken

Original recipe from allrecipes

Ingredients:
2 t crushed garlic
1/4 c olive oil
1/4 c dried bread crumbs
1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves


Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2.  Warm the garlic and olive oil to blend the flavors. In a separate dish, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip the chicken breasts in the olive oil and garlic mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture. Place in a shallow baking dish.
3.  Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear.


*Ellen and I just harvested a beautiful crop of garlic and onions--more than we'll be able to use.  That led me to looking for a new recipe to use them.  This chicken was moist, flavorful, and so easy.  I used frozen chicken breast that had been left to defrost.  They were still about half way frozen (which makes it easier to remove obvious fat) when I brushed them with the olive oil and then rolled in the crumb mixture.  1/4 c olive oil was much too generous, but I used the leftovers to roast some garden tomatoes.  I did add more bread crumbs and cheese before I had finished.  I will be making this again--only next time use 3 T olive oil, 1/3 c bread crumbs, and 1/3 c Parmesan cheese.  Jacob loved the chicken and more than finished his plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment