Taken from This Week for Dinner
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
1. In small bowl blend flour, cocoa and baking soda. Mix until well blended.
2. In large bowl beat sugar, butter or margarine and 1/4 cup peanut butter, until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg, beat. Stir in flour mixture until blended. Set aside.
3. To make Filling: Combine confectioner’s sugar and 3/4 cup peanut butter. Blend well.
4. Roll filling into 30 – 1 inch balls. (I used my dough scraper to divide the dough and peanut butter, this made it easier to gage).
5. For each cookie, with lightly floured hands if needed, shape about 1 Tablespoon of dough around 1 peanut butter ball, covering completely. (A hint: flatten dough, then shape around peanut butter ball. Piece as needed.)6. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with glass. Dip tops in sugar.
7. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 7-9 minutes. When cookies are done, they should be set and slightly cracked.
*Yummy and fun to make. Do not overcook. These didn't last long at our house!