Friday, February 26, 2010

How to cut a mango, a picture guide

I add this only because I have had many messy experiments with slicing mangos.  This worked like a charm!
1.  Slice the mango nearly in half, just to the side of the pit.  Make another slice just to the other side of the pit.  Your mango should be in 3 sections. 







2.  Make 3-4 cuts through the fruit, but not through the skin lengthwise.  Make the same cuts widthwise.
3.  Turn the fruit inside out.  The fruit cubes should easily peel off the skin.
4.  With the middle section, peel off the skin and cut remaining fruit away from the pit.  Keep in mind the pit look like this.

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try this next time. I never know quite how to cut a mango, so I just slice little pieces off until I get to the pit..

    ReplyDelete