Friday, October 7, 2011

Sweet Rolls

Combine and set aside for 5 min
  ¼ c warm water
  2 T yeast
  2 T sugar

Mix together, then add yeast mixture
  1 cube margarine
  2 c warm water
  1 ½-2 tsp salt
  2 eggs

Add 5 cups of flour, and then if dough is too sticky, add 1 c more. Let rise for 1 hour on cupboard. Then more dough to fridge for at least 1 hour (or overnight if preferred).

Using ½ of the dough roll out to the size of a cookie sheet (using lots of flour). Cover the dough with 1 cube melted margarine (1/2 cube for each halve of dough). Sprinkle dough with about ½ c brown sugar and ½ c raisins. Sprinkle with cinnamon all over top (I always just do what looks right, it maybe a little more than this).  Let rise ½ hour.

Bake at 350 for 10-14 min, until light golden brown.

For topping, melt ½ cube margarine, grate skin of orange and cut orange I half and squeeze juice in then add about 1 ¼ cup powder sugar. Place 1 T frosting on each roll.

*These are so good, if I make these I'm sure to be on my husband's good side!  I also like to switch up the frosting sometimes, may I suggest the frosting from this recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment