Friday, January 6, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate chip Bread

Ingredients:
3 cups sugar (this seemed a bit excessive to me, next time I'll half it)
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
4 eggs
2/3 c oil
2/3 c apple juice*
3 c flour
3 t cinnamon
2 t ginger
1 t ground cloves
2 t baking soda
1 1/2 t salt
1 c chocolate chips (to be added last)*

*A variation of this recipe would be to add orange juice and sweetened dried cranberries in place of these ingredients.

Directions:
Combine wet ingredients.  Mix well.  Combine dry ingredients.  Add to wet.  Beat until just moistened.  add the chocolate chips (or cranberries).  Pour batter into greased and floured pans (I would use parchment paper on the bottom of your pans).  Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.  Cool in pans for 10 minutes.  Makes 6 mini loaf pans for 2 large loaf pans.

*A sweet dessert bread.  My kids and I liked it--my husband doesn't think pumpkin and chocolate chips go together (his loss!).

No comments:

Post a Comment