*Not bad for a casserole. Of course, Swiss cheese makes everything good. This would be easy to make ahead and comes together fast (especially if you have leftover chicken or cooked, frozen chicken), but it won't be a regular at our house.
1 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 T Dijon mustard
1/4 t ground black pepper
1 1/2 c instant rice, uncooked
3 grilled chicken breasts (I used my George to cook these, with just a touch of Italian dressing for flavor)
4 1/2 oz sliced smoked ham, cut into pieces
6 oz Swiss cheese, cut into pieces
1 cup frozen peas, optional
1 c corn flakes, crushed
1/2 c Parmesan cheese
2 T butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Whisk together sour cream, chicken broth, Dijon mustard and black pepper in a large bowl until smooth. Add rice, chicken, ham, Swiss cheese, and frozen peas; stir to combine.
3. Pour mixture into a 13x9 inch baking dish and spread evenly (I used an 11 1/2 x8 inch dish).
4. Mix together crushed corn flakes, Parmesan cheese and melted butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over top of the casserole.
5. Bake uncovered on center oven roack for 25 minutes until heated through and topping is golden brown.