Monday, February 28, 2011

Pasta Salad, so many ways

*I love this salad--for so many reasons.  It's easy, versatile, can feed a crowd, and my family loves it.  Make it as a main dish, serve it on the side, or keep it in the fridge for a quick bite.  This isn't the kind of recipe you need to go to the store to buy ingredients.  Look in your garden, fridge, or pantry and pull out what ingredients you'd like.  Here are some suggestions...


Ingredients:
Tri-color rotini, cooked per package directions and cooled
cherry tomatoes (or another tomato cut in small bit-size cubes)
cheese, cut into small cubes (I usually mix cheddar & mozzarella)
sliced olives
diced cucumber
chicken, cooked and cut in small cubes or ham
Italian dressing (or make your own with olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, kosher salt and pepper)
fresh basil leaves

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together, adjust amounts per liking.  Serve chilled.

*I love watching my little girl gobble this up, makes me feel so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment