Monday, March 29, 2010
French Bread Dough
Taken from Toastmaster Bread Maker Guide
Place following ingredients into bread maker pan:
1 1/4 c water (80 degrees)
1 T sugar
1 t salt
3 1/2 c flour
1 T Red Star Active Dry Yeast or 2 t Red Star Quick Rise Yeast/Bread Machine Yeast
2 T water
1/2 t salt
1. Set bread machine on dough setting.
2. When cycle is complete, place dough on a lightly floured surface and divide dough into 16 pieces. Roll into 14 inch ropes.
3. Fold each rope in half and twist, starting at fold.
4. Place on greased baking sheet and brush with 1/3 cup of melted butter. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size.
5. Brush with glaze.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until done.
*A great hit! Very tasty. The kids had fun rolling out their own twists and enjoyed eating them even more. I sprinkled with garlic salt and forgot to put the glaze on, but they were very soft.
1. Use the recipe above. Place on a lightly floured surface and divide dough into 12 pieces and shape into a ball. Pinch the ends of each roll and taper slightly.
2. Place the loaves on a greased baking sheet, cover and let rise in a warm place for 40 minutes or until double in size.
3. With a knife, cut diagonal slashes across top of the loaf. Combine the glaze ingredients; brush over loaves.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until done.