Friday, March 19, 2010

Ruth's Easy Herbed Lemon Chicken


4 6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 t dried thyme
1/2 t sea salt (I used Kosher salt)
1/2 t freshly ground pepper
1/8 t garlic powder
1/3 c freshly squeezed lemon juice

Directions:
1.  Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2.  Arrange the chicken in an 8x8-inch baking dish.  In a cup, mix the thyme, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and lemon juice.  Pour over the chicken.
3.  Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink in the center when cut with a sharp knife.

(You can substitute basil or rosemary for the thyme.)

*I found this recipe in The Low-Carb Gourmet and was pleasantly surprised by a simple dish with ingredients I had on hand.  I used frozen chicken breasts and it took only a few minutes to prepare.  I great idea for a last minute meal.  I loved the lemon!  When I took the chicken out of the oven, I decided it would look better seared on a hot pan--so I did, but that of course if optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment